Service & System Changes
We HIGHLY encourage transit patrons to sign up for our service alerts by going to our "Stay Informed" page and completing the form. You will get an email at the earliest opportunity when any changes occur due to the current COVID-19 situation.
COVID-19 TESTING NOW AVAILABLE FOR YUBA-SUTTER COUNTIES
& SERVICE CHANGES EFFECTIVE 5/1/2020
Click the links below to see the full poster in that language. Click here to read the related public notice from 5/18/2020.
Los avisos en español están vinculados a continuación.
Updated: Friday, April 24, 2020 (4:30 p.m.)Memorandum Re: COVID-19 Response Update - 4/24/20CDC Information on Making Your Own Face-Covering
- Weekday Route 2 service frequency reduced to 1-hour. Effective May 1, this temporary service reduction to a Saturday Plus Schedule will be in place until further notice. Click here for a Route 2 timetable.
- Sacramento Commuter Service reduced by three (3) AM and three (3) PM routes. Effective May 1st, the 3rd and 5th Highway 99 schedules in the morning; the 2nd and 5th Highway 99 schedules in the afternoon; and the 3rd morning and 3rd afternoon Highway 70 schedules will all be temporarily suspended. Click here for an updated Sacramento Commuter service brochure.
- The Yuba College Sutter Campus Shuttle has been suspended until further notice and at least for the Summer 2020 semester, Read the press release here.
- REMINDER - No fares will be collected or required on Yuba-Sutter Transit’s local or rural fixed routes or on any Dial-A-Ride buses through at least June 30, 2020. All Dial-A-Ride eligibility policies will still apply. Sacramento Commuter service fares are still collected at the time of boarding.
- REMINDER - Plexiglass Drivers-Area Barrier: A "sneeze-guard" style partition will be installed soon in the driver's area of the buses. This is in addition to the quick-release barrier strap that has been installed.
- REMINDER - Except for the Yuba College Bookstore in Linda, all area Connect Card pass outlets are now closed. The Yuba-Sutter Transit administrative office is closed to the public except by appointment. New or replacement photo ID cards will only be available under a very rare exception since these cards are not needed to board buses until further notice. Please call (530) 634-6880 between the hours of 8:00 – Noon and 1:00 – 5:00 to discuss if an appointment is needed.
- We are recommending that ALL PASSENGERS wear face-coverings at all times.
- Transit is for ESSENTIAL travel and activities only.
- All passengers must have a destination and are not allowed to travel in more than one direction or on more than one loop of a route.
- Passenger On-Board Limit: Local fixed-route buses now have a twelve (12) passenger limit at any given time. If a bus is full, it will not pick-up additional passengers until it is at a safe capacity. Dial-A-Ride buses now have a two (2) unrelated passenger limit or a four (4) person limit when with a companion/attendant.
- On local fixed-route buses, passengers who are physically able will be asked to board and exit the bus through the rear door. The front door will still be available to those requiring a ramp.
- Passengers will not be allowed to sit in the first row of seats on Sacramento Commuter and Dial-A-Ride buses.
Join us in our appreciation of our transit staff working hard to keep the front lines open!
Previous Memorandums (English)Memorandum Re: COVID-19 Update (4/21/2020)Memorandum Re: COVID-19 Update (4/8/2020)Memorandum Re: Updated COVID-19 Response 3-20-20Press Release Re: Yuba College Shuttle 3-13-20 Memorandum Re: COVID-19 Response 3-6-20
Avisos previous (en espanol)Response Update Memo 4-24-20 Spanish.pdfResponse Update Memo 4-21-20 Spanish.pdfResponse Update Memo 4-8-20 Spanish.pdfResponse Update Memo 3-20-20 Spanish.pdfResponse Memo 3-6-20 Spanish.pdf