The Yuba-Sutter Transit Authority (Yuba-Sutter Transit) is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise subjected to discrimination under any of its programs, activities, or services on the basis of race, color or national origin. All persons, regardless of their citizenship, are covered under this policy. In addition, Yuba-Sutter Transit prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color or national origin in its employment and business opportunities.
Any person who believes he or she has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with Yuba-Sutter Transit. Yuba-Sutter Transit will not condone retaliation against an individual for his/her involvement in asserting his/her rights pursuant to Title VI or because he/she filed a Complaint or participated in an investigation under Title VI, and /or this regulation.Yuba-Sutter Transit Title VI Plan (Adopted 2017)
How to File a Title VI Complaint with Yuba-Sutter Transit:
Any person who believes that he/she, or as a member of any specific class of individuals, has been subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color or national origin with respect to Yuba-Sutter Transit programs, activities, services, or other transit related benefits, may file a written Complaint with Yuba-Sutter Transit. A Complaint may be filed by the individual or by a representative. A Complaint must be filed within 180 days after the date of the alleged discrimination, but Complainants are encouraged to submit Complaints as soon as possible. Yuba-Sutter Transit will promptly investigate all Complaints filed under Title VI, pursuant to applicable regulations.
A Complaint must include the following information:
- A Complaint must be in writing and signed and dated by the Complainant or his/her representative before any action can be taken.
- A Complaint shall state, as fully as possible, the facts and circumstances surrounding the alleged discrimination, including the name and address of the Complainant, the date, time and location of the incident.
- The Complaint shall include a description of the program, activity or service on which the alleged discrimination occurred.
Yuba-Sutter Transit provides a standard Complaint Form that can be used to file a Title VI related complaint. A Complaint Form can be made available in other languages or formats upon request. A Complaint Form can be obtained by one of the following methods:
- Download a form:
- Call Yuba-Sutter Transit at (530) 634-6880 (TTY 634-6889) to request a form by mail
- Pick up a form during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, at the Yuba-Sutter Transit Administrative Offices located at 2100 B Street, Marysville, California, 95901.
A complainant may file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration by filing a written complaint with the Office of Civil Rights at the following:
FTA Office of Civil Rights
Attn: Title VI Program Coordinator
East Building, 5th Floor-TCR
1200 New Jersey Ave., SE
Washington DC 20590
For more information on Yuba-Sutter Transit’s civil rights program, or the procedures to file a Title VI related complaint, contact (530) 634-6880, TTY (530) 634-6889; send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; or visit the administrative offices at 2100 B Street, Marysville, CA 95901. If information is needed in other languages or formats, contact (530) 634-6880 for assistance. Si require informacion en otro idioma, llame a (530) 634-6880.